When I was approached by Dip Into Pretty to test out their pretty little toe separators, I jumped for joy! I had seen these beauties all over Instagram and was so eager to try them for myself. I chose the Bouquet of White Pedi Spacers… they are individual little rubber separators for between each toe, which give you the flexibility of wearing only three if you are leaving the nail salon wearing your flip flops (or thongs, as we like to call them in Australia).
The fact that these handy little inventions are not just useful, but are almost too pretty to use, had me sold! The Bouquet of White feature little glass/lucite looking flowers with a touch of glitter. So stunning and super helpful when doing a DIY pedicure at home! These sweet little feet flowers are only $12.00 a set and there are SOOO many different designs and styles to choose from (I want one of everything!).
Why not check them out for yourself… www.dipintopretty.com
I recently bought a Sally Hansen Gel Manicure Starter Kit (which include a mini UV lamp) as I’m a bit of a sucker for gel nails… it’s one of those scenarios that once you try it, you will never have the patience for normal polish drying ever again! Haha. The nail kit includes the Base & Top Coats, 1 x Nail Colour (#106 Shell We Dance), Cleanser Pads, Gel Remover, Nail File Kit and UV Lamp. All for under $60! You can buy everything but the lamp individually too if you run out of anything (see links below under “Shop This Look”). But the starter kit is definitely the way to go to get you going!
I don’t usually wear bold and bright colors on my nails, I like to keep them fairly neutral or pastel so they tend to go with whatever outfit I’m wearing. The great perk of gel nails is that the manicures can last up to 2 weeks (or more), and I find that my pedicures last even longer (typically a month or more)! With no chipping!
HOW TO USE THE GEL MANICURE/PEDICURE KIT:
1. Plug your lamp in and test the light timer. I found that mine turned on automatically for 30 seconds. Let it do it’s first auto “on” and then the light should turn on only when you press the lamp button after it has warmed up.
TIP: Between each gel polish application, be sure to wipe any polish off your skin before placing under the UV Lamp. You may find that it “burns” if you don’t. Plus, it will make the gel polish go super hard on your skin and that feels really uncomfortable and is hard to remove once cured.
2. Start with your Base Coat. Cure for 30 seconds under the UV Lamp.
3. Next, do one coat of your chosen Gel Color (#106 Shell We Dance). Cure for 30 seconds under the UV Lamp. Repeat for desired coverage. I typically will do 2 coats of color so it’s nice and even and more of a solid color, than sheer.
4. Apply your Top Coat. Cure for 30 seconds under the UV Lamp.
5. Take your Cleansing Pads (or you can also use an Acetone based nail polish remover) and rub over the nail to remove the “sticky” top layer.
6. YOU’RE DONE! It’s that easy. Your nails should feel rock hard and be chip free for the next 2 weeks!
TO REMOVE: Be sure to follow the instructions in the starter kit when using the Gel Polish Remover. It is important to remove the polish correctly as to not destroy your natural nail underneath.
SHOP THIS LOOK
*DISCLAIMER: If you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site, I may make a commission from that click and/or purchase.